Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting service includes stockpiling and/or sharing given web content on a server run by a website hosting vendor. There are various classes of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's take a glance at them. In this way, you can elect what you want, depending on whether you'd like to launch a web site, email box accounts, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service distributed by given firms, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage services often include ads next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific stretch of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely erroneous explanation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would distribute the workload between independent groups of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different web space hosting services (email, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a sort of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given providers provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting type is suitable if you would like to share an immense amount of pictures with comrades or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free. You will get a random link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to taking care of your mail addresses. Some corporations provide webspace hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an email solution. If you want to have an email address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can create e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video generates a certain amount of CPU load, so with several videos and several hundred viewers, you may have a problem with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will permit you to own as many video clips as you wish without hassling about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to run a site. To some extent, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting variants since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and mail addresses, upload videos, etc. At Digital Supreme Web Hosting Company, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for particular content exclusively.